Monday, November 9, 2020

COUNCILMAN FRITZ SCHERZ UPDATE REGARDING 10th ANNUAL THANK YOU DINNER FOR VETERANS!

Fred “Fritz” Scherz, Jr., Councilman on the Verona Town Board, will postpone his 10th Annual Thank You Dinner for all Town of Verona Veterans and their families. This event has been held on Veterans Day for the past nine years at the Verona Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6811 (4928 Spring Rd.) in Verona. 

“The last nine years my family and I hosted this event, there hasn’t been too many open seats in the room we’ve held the dinner in. Given the current social distancing requirements due to COVID-19, if we held the event this year, it would be next to impossible to socially distance correctly and I would not want to risk someone getting sick because of this event. Because of this, I’m postponing this year’s Thank You Dinner. If things improve regarding COVID-19, I’m hopeful to hold this event in the future as my family and I really look forward to hosting this event each Veterans Day.”

For more information on Fritz, go to:  www.fritzscherz.com, Fritz’s Twitter feed at: www.twitter.com/fritzscherz, and/or his blog at: www.fritzscherz.blogspot.com. 

 #  #  #

No comments:

Post a Comment